This week’s spotlight is pretty special. Ashley is one of my favorite peeps on Twitter, and certainly a fave blogger. Really. I probably can’t say enough great things about her or her blog. Her blog is almost as kick-ass as she is, which is saying something. You’re going to love her, folks. That said, pay attention, fellow authors. Ashely is offering some spot-on advice here.
Name: Well it depends on who’s talking to me really… *grins* No, no! Okay, my name is Ashley. (aka: The most awesome chick E-ver)
Your blog name: The Bookish Brunette. (it’s totally rocksauce… mixed with zombies, coffee and stilettos dude!)
Genres read: I read YA, horror, dystopian, fantasy, adult, romance, contemporary, ZOMBIES (They’re my fav! Did you know?) and I even read erotica if the mood strikes! I’m very eclectically fabulous like that! I don’t read religious type/preachy books, they’re not my thing and I don’t LOVE mysteries… but I do not hate them either.😀
Preferred submission type: Hmmm… Well, I prefer email. Maybe I don’t understand the question. I should start having authors send me smoke signals! (ebooks are cool, then).
Do you read/review indie books? Uuuuh SHHHYEA I do! Some of my favorite books ever written are indie books!!!
What you’d like to read more of: Zombies and contemporary YA romance and possibly faeries! Yes… I’m a MESS!
What I see too much of:
- Freaking vamps. Gah!
- Love triangles. Now I love a GOOD love triangle… but a forced one- No good!
- Insta-love. Well, I’m torn. Because I have a love/hate relationship with it!
What an author should and should not do when contacting me:
Oh dear… how much time do you have? LOL
- DO NOT say to me, “I know you’ll love my book.”
- DON’T address an email, “Dear Blogger”
- DON’T insult me or my blog.
- DO NOT assume that I’m going to review your book. ASK ME to review it.
- DO NOT ask me to review your book on Twitter. UNLESS you know FOR A FACT that I desperately want to read it beforehand. i.e.: you saw it on my Goodreads wishlist, or blog post, or saw me TWEETING about it!
- READ MY REVIEW POLICY.
- Send me your BOOK COVER.
- Send me LINKS. To EVERYTHING.
- Send me your synopsis.
- MAKE me WANT to read your book.
- MAKE me REMEMBER you.
Biggest author or fellow blogger turn-off:
Hmmm… well I don’t really have many. My MAIN one is DRAMA. I don’t deal with it- and I don’t want to be a part of it!