Seven Things You Didn’t Know…

Last week, Julie tagged me for the always fun Seven Things post. In turn I tagged author D.B. Reynolds and I’m also tagging author Angela Adams.

Okay. You sure you really want to know more about me? Here goes:

1. I’m social. Except when not. Like my father, I’m the outgoing type. I like people. But, I’m also a private person who doesn’t like to discuss more private details. And, I like some alone time and space. If I don’t know you well, I’m not hugging you. It’s just weird.

2. Tea, please! Loose leaf instead of bag, honey instead of sugar, and always with half & half or milk. I’m part Irish and come from a long line of tea drinkers. It’s really odd how servers at restaurants will pause and blink when I ask for tea and they’ve offered coffee. And why is it that coffee refills are free and tea isn’t? Ugh! Tea rant: Starbucks is the only place I know who doesn’t understand what English Breakfast tea is. I don’t want passion fruit sunflower guacamole green tea grande! And despite my attempts at telling them otherwise, they insist that Earl Grey is exactly the same thing as Lipton.

3. A long time ago, I wanted to be a vet. But, back then, veterinary science and protocols weren’t what they are today. I was dead set against several common practices back then. I’d have made an excellent vet, though. Who else could eat Christmas cookies while watching their dog get snipped?

4. Jeans over Gems. Jewelry doesn’t do it for me. At all. I prefer jeans to dresses, hiking boots to heels. No fancy hairdos either. Long and straight or in a pony tail for me. And, despite my mother’s attempts at painting my room pink and putting frilly chiffon curtains at the window, I didn’t turn out to be the girly-girl she’d hoped for. I have pink aversion. I didn’t like to shop, and instead of playing with dolls, I helped Dad work on cars – usually in whatever nice outfit Mom bought for me. I’m more excited about geek stuff than gowns. Way more. I wore black to my own wedding and we had our pictures taken next to the county courthouse sign for mental health. Good thing hubby has a warped sense of humor, too. If he’d had his choice, we would have dressed as pirates and walked the plank. Just sayin’.

5. Some like it cool. I can’t stand hot weather. I don’t like sweat running down my back, frizzy hair, sunburns, or having my thighs stick to leather seats. I don’t like mosquito swarms or the invasion of flies. I’m lethargic in summer. Summer is my least favorite season. My theory? Society can always layer, but there’s only so much you can remove. Think about your current physical condition along with that of your friends, family members, co-workers, and the plumber down the street…Yeah. See what I mean?

6. I’m an insomniac. I’m frequently up from 1 am to 3 am. I’m convinced that all my characters are night owls. “What ifs” and “Here’s what happened” run through my mind despite my body’s pleas for the brain to give it a rest until morning. Amazing how 70% of my midnight ideas turn to utter crap the next morning. You’d think I’d learn. But, nope. Since the other 30% are some of my very best ideas, I do it every time there’s a new project.

7. I really, really don’t like spiders. Could have something to do with their name. Notice how the p and the d are almost like legs? It’s not normal for something to have eight spindly legs and all those eyes. Okay, it really has to do with the fact that my brother used to put spiders in my hair as a kid. Live or dead, it didn’t matter. Cruel, I know. But, I don’t think he was ever right after my older sister made him eat mud pies out of the sandbox…

And there you have it. Just remember folks: be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “Seven Things You Didn’t Know…

  1. All of those things seem perfectly normal to me! Well, except for the tea drinking and the social person stuff. I don’t like coffee or tea … when I need caffeine, I have to resort to diet coke/pepsi.

  2. I hate really hot weather too. And that’s weird because on the day I was born it was 102 degrees Farenheit. Middle of the night ideas don’t accost me as often as they did in the past, but they still pop up now and then.

  3. You sounds kinda like me, with the exception of the hugging, spiders and tea part. I love spiders, hugging and hate tea and coffee. Plus I live in Scotland so it’s never very warm here, I like it 😉 Great post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s